North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Project AT WRX STi - Page 2 EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Project AT WRX STi - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Project AT WRX STi - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Project AT WRX STi - Page 2 EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Project AT WRX STi - Page 2 EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Project AT WRX STi - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Project AT WRX STi - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Project AT WRX STi - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Project AT WRX STi - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Project AT WRX STi

Go down 
+18
Mick T
iddysti
kgt
discodaz
alan_turbo2000
maca
Bigup1983
garyblake
byers
StickT
Jonny Gav
locky@HYDROtek
bazpro88
natski
keffer
stevep360
DAZ.STI
atwrx
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
natski

natski

Project AT WRX STi - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi - Page 2 EmptyThu 30 May - 21:46

Atwrx has a billet compressor wheel in his turbo tho

£700 with a years warranty is a very good price Bud Smile
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi - Page 2 EmptyThu 30 May - 22:21

No need to say sorry mate, it's your money, you spend it how you see fit.

I use their compressor covers, not compressor wheels, their compressor wheel are almost twice the weight of the ones I use.

Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi - Page 2 EmptyFri 31 May - 7:32

Jonny Gav wrote:

I use their compressor covers, not compressor wheels, their compressor wheel are almost twice the weight of the ones I use.

Cheers bud, good to know their parts are used Smile

I hear what you're saying about the compressor wheels, but are you talking about the billet wheels or the standard ones? I ask as if you're talking about the billet ones, have you seen the physical size of them? I'm not surprised they're a bit heavier, they're more than twice the size of a non billet. lol!
If you're talking non billet, I can't comment. What I have read is that this billet compressor and STS turbine is about 33% of the weight of their standard rotating assembly. Not 33% less, 33% overall.

Natski, who's hacked your account? I was expecting a load of shit off you for this Laughing
Yeah, it's got the warranty, it's something different, if you search, they're quite widely used down under and have a lot of good feedback, why not give them a chance? I'll be a test mule Smile

Lets just hope it holds out for at least a couple of years.
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi - Page 2 EmptyFri 31 May - 10:06

No shit from me if you want to try them out then that's up to you bud. I'm pretty sure Jonny could of built you a billet 20g for about £500 as he said he could convert mine for £200, but you got a years warranty with yours so if it goes tits up you should be covered by it..

I have been considering getting Jonny to convert mine, I have been considering getting an sc42 and I have been considering getting an MD321 but I will probably just leave it as it is cos its a lot of money for such little gains
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi - Page 2 EmptyFri 31 May - 11:48

Yeah he could have done mate, I spoke about it and probably should have done, but spotted these and after a few weeks of research, thought I'd take a chance.

I know what you mean mate, I think I'll get my injectors, Finn to port my headers and make up my induction kit then just leave it like that until I decide on a rebuild. From here on in, you can either spend a small fortune and not gain much or spend a large fortune and gain a bit more. I think stepping ofer the 400 mark will do me and judging by other people's comments (Drew/SteveP360), it's probably for the best as high power seems to be a bit of a struggle on the road.

I'm focussing on handling now then I'll keep an eye out for bargain parts for the engine.
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi - Page 2 EmptyFri 31 May - 21:46

Jonny Gav wrote:

Ah, my bad, thought it was the compressor itself. Regardless, my JMG20g pulls hard and strong, like a dirty whore on a Sat night, loving it!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi - Page 2 EmptyFri 31 May - 22:01

Mine pulled my clutch to bits Very Happy
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi - Page 2 EmptyFri 31 May - 22:12

Well, if I am honest, mines pulled 2 x 5 speed gearbox's to bits. Clutch is good as its a AP/Mongrel special from Finn.
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Jun - 9:19

Eventually got my graph from Mr Forrest.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Jun - 14:01

Why did I not get one of those ?
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Jun - 14:12

Because you didn't ask? Laughing
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Jun - 15:01

Shouldn't have to ask for something you don't know that is available tho should you lol..
Back to top Go down
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Jun - 15:11

Andy will do you a deltadash log if you ask for it, he doesn't charge for it but it isn't in with the mapping price either.
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Jun - 15:15

Mine was mapped last September so I don't think he will still have the info Sad
I will remember to ask for next time
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Jun - 15:31

Did you do a power run with him?

If so, he will have probably kept it
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Jun - 15:52

I didn't do anything with Andy somebody else (Col@CRautomotive) drove the car while Andy did the mapping..
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Jun - 16:37

Ah Ok. He may not have done the power run then. Send him an email.
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Jun - 16:43

He probably never since my clutch started slipping when they mapped it
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Jun - 17:42

Aye good point, I forgot you mentioned that. Anyway, there's a dyno day soon, get it on the rollers Wink

You get your clutch sorted? What did you go for? How much? Etc

Do you still have the one you got for cost off Driftworks?

Mines holding up fine at the moment so might just replace with blue box again.....but I don't plan on leaving the power as it is Laughing
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Jun - 18:06

I still have the one from driftworks sat here I'm going to get it fitted with an RCM lightweight flywheel at the end of next month Smile 

I was going to get it in this month but the car is getting painted ready for the NBO instead Very Happy
Back to top Go down
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Jun - 18:28

What turbos on that
Back to top Go down
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Jun - 18:29

Aaa ok seen
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Jun - 21:30

Laughing yeah that one Smile
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Jun - 21:32

natski wrote:
I still have the one from driftworks sat here I'm going to get it fitted with an RCM lightweight flywheel at the end of next month Smile 

I was going to get it in this month but the car is getting painted ready for the NBO instead Very Happy
So you're still going to fit the pink box, yes? Let me know what you make of it as I'm still in two minds what to do as yet.
Back to top Go down
natski

natski

PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Jun - 21:50

atwrx wrote:
natski wrote:

So you're still going to fit the pink box, yes? Let me know what you make of it as I'm still in two minds what to do as yet.
Yea I'm fitting the pink box clutch its the pre updated one mind that is supposed to be terrible for judder, but I have been told by Alyn that the 6 speed ones where not too bad for judder when I rang him to ask if I should give him some money for a different type of clutch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project AT WRX STi   Project AT WRX STi - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Project AT WRX STi
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next