North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay. EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay. EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay. EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay. EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay. EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay. EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay. EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay. EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay. EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay.

Go down 
+6
ColinM
Marshffs
Lordharding
carl08
Steviedoo
DAZ.STI
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DAZ.STI

DAZ.STI

Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay. Empty
PostSubject: Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay.   Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay. EmptyMon 17 Feb - 21:12

Engine bay when I bought the car.
 Sad [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
And as it looks now.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Can't wait for summer, can't do nowt in this shitty weather.
Back to top Go down
Steviedoo

Steviedoo

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay.   Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay. EmptyMon 17 Feb - 21:39

Looking good, some hard work and elbow grease gone in to that  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
carl08

carl08

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay.   Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay. EmptyMon 17 Feb - 21:41

Big difference well done! wish i had the time and motivation to do mine, its rotten  Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
DAZ.STI

DAZ.STI

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay.   Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay. EmptyMon 17 Feb - 21:55

Cheers lads.
Back to top Go down
Lordharding

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay.   Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay. EmptyTue 18 Feb - 21:38

Stunning
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay.   Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay. EmptyTue 18 Feb - 21:41

Cracking job Daz - all you need to do now is take the bonnet stay off!!
Back to top Go down
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay.   Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay. EmptyTue 18 Feb - 21:46

How can you get it that clean?? Is it purely down to elbow grease or is it a steam clean job to kick it off?
Look mint that daz.
Back to top Go down
DAZ.STI

DAZ.STI

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay.   Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay. EmptyTue 18 Feb - 21:48

Elbow grease mate, little bit every weekend, little help from Maguires, gunk n HYDROTEK..........
Back to top Go down
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay.   Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay. EmptyTue 18 Feb - 21:50

Does Gizer work well aswel?
Gonna have to do mine shortly as its got leaves and dirt all over it
Back to top Go down
DAZ.STI

DAZ.STI

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay.   Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay. EmptyTue 18 Feb - 21:57

Never used it mate, some people jet wash, but that's not for me, if you can, remove what you can degrease n clean it off the car the replace for best results, Maguires degreaser and engine lacquer is good stuff, both bottles should be bout £16 all in.
Back to top Go down
DAZ.STI

DAZ.STI

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay.   Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay. EmptyTue 18 Feb - 22:03

Bonnet stay removal this weekend lol, sorry to hear bout your circumstances Mario, Family first, they'll be other cars in the future, a new project to look forward too, 'YOU'll BE BACK'?

Who said that again??? Cool Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay.   Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay. EmptyTue 18 Feb - 22:11

DAZ.STI wrote:
Maguires degreaser and engine lacquer is good stuff, both bottles should be bout £16 all in.

Who told you that Daz?  lol! 
Back to top Go down
DAZ.STI

DAZ.STI

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay.   Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay. EmptyWed 19 Feb - 18:55

That'll be the you mate.
Back to top Go down
ColinM

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay.   Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay. EmptySun 23 Feb - 23:15

Looks good. Do you have any details for the battery cover i.e. seller, size, price etc ? Saw one on ebay for about £50 but it didn't look as good as yours.
Back to top Go down
DAZ.STI

DAZ.STI

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay.   Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay. EmptyMon 24 Feb - 20:12

I just measured the battery and lad at work made it for me, then Lee at HYDROTEK dipped it to match the other stuff mate, battery tie is from Ralleytech.
Back to top Go down
ColinM

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay.   Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay. EmptyMon 24 Feb - 22:15

DAZ.STI wrote:
I just measured the battery and lad at work made it for me, then Lee at HYDROTEK dipped it to match the other stuff mate, battery tie is from Ralleytech.

Ahh, custom made. Not sure what to go for then. I only have 2 blue items in the engine bay, everything else is Red/Black/Silver so I would like to hide/replace them.
Back to top Go down
DAZ.STI

DAZ.STI

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay.   Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay. EmptyTue 25 Feb - 17:43

Get some pics up mate n see what people think?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay.   Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay. EmptyTue 25 Feb - 18:06

DAZ.STI wrote:

Daz - it's The Terminator - Colin is the new owner

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Colin - you could get one of these and then get it dipped to match the black carbon inlet manifold or the top radiator brackets in candy lava red carbon

Back to top Go down
DAZ.STI

DAZ.STI

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay.   Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay. EmptyTue 25 Feb - 18:46

Ahhhh, my apoligies, what a tit, didn't realise, mine was scrap bit of steel plate, cut out corners for terminals, bend edges over in vice, rub down sharp edges n HYDROTEK did the rest, if you gonna dip it, you cud cut a piece of plastic to shape, the dipping process hides everything, as for BOV, remove, mask chrome areas and small red/black tin ov spray shud do the trick.

NOTE- It's hard to improve on perfection affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay.   Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay. EmptyTue 25 Feb - 18:50

DAZ.STI wrote:
Ahhhh, my apoligies, what a tit, didn't realise, mine was scrap bit of steel plate, cut out corners for terminals, bend edges over in vice, rub down sharp edges n HYDROTEK did the rest, if you gonna dip it, you cud cut a piece of plastic to shape, the dipping process hides everything, as for BOV, remove, mask chrome areas and small red/black tin ov spray shud do the trick.

NOTE- It's hard to improve on perfection affraid

I was going to delete the BOV completely as Dr K said I didn't need it and get a black battery.
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay.   Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay. EmptyTue 25 Feb - 19:22

My battery cover is almost identical. Originally high chrome steel from Badass on eBay which I eventually had shot blasted then dipped by Locky with my skull pattern, so they are available if you look for them.
Back to top Go down
ColinM

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay.   Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay. EmptyTue 25 Feb - 22:32

Marietto wrote:
DAZ.STI wrote:

Colin - you could get one of these and then get it dipped to match the black carbon inlet manifold or the top radiator brackets in candy lava red carbon

That looks like a good option. I considered a black battery but you mentioned it was pretty new so that would be a waste.
I emailed Turbo Dynamics (the Turbosmart disti) about a black top cap for the BOV, no reply yet.
Back to top Go down
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay.   Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay. EmptyTue 25 Feb - 22:51

If you can get the size of the cover you want, I'll see if there is some thin steel laid around at work and get the edges folded over. Wouldn't mind 1 myself now lol.
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay.   Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay. EmptyWed 26 Feb - 11:23

Got mine from here.

Originally liked it chrome then got it dipped by Locky @ Hydrotek

Obvioulsy not the most economical route, but that how I got to where I am.
Back to top Go down
DAZ.STI

DAZ.STI

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay.   Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay. EmptySun 11 May - 17:16

Well, as the sun was shining this morning, thought I carry on with me engine bay.
Couple of shiny reservoir caps,
Tidied up washer bottle, from this,
To this,
Then the over-flow tank,
Both together,

HOPE YOU LIKE ???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay.   Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay. Empty

Back to top Go down

Before and after pics of my on-going engine bay.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next