North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Advice on car  EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Advice on car  EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Advice on car  EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Advice on car  EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Advice on car  EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Advice on car  EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Advice on car  EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Advice on car  EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Advice on car  EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Advice on car

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chrisw

Advice on car  Empty
PostSubject: Advice on car    Advice on car  EmptyMon 27 Jul - 20:17

Basically weighing things up I think it might be time to sell the car and run something a bit cheaper. With doing more miles now and wanting to get a house next year I'm looking to put my money towards that. Something I dont really want to do it but probably the best thing to do as realistically at 23 having both probably isnt going to happen. Looking around im struggling to come up with a price to put the car up for they seem all over the place. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas or suggestions what might be realistic. Most people will know the car its jonny gavs hawkeye the car is a real credit to him all I've done is carry on looking after it like he has changed the wheels and the spoiler. Heres the spec

Engine modifications
EJ255 2.5 engine
Chocolate pistons removed and replaced with
CP low compression forged pistons
ARP 11mm head studs
Steel multi layered head gaskets
Killer B baffle plate
2.0 sump conversion
HRC 340lph Fuel pump
Full 3" Toyosport exhaust system.
Self built TD05 20G Billet turbocharger
Ported TGV deletes
Hawkeye STI inlet manifold
Hawkeye STI intercooler and Y pipe
Modified WRX undertray
STI intercooler water spray system (including boot mounted bottle)
STI spec C front strut brace (Titanium)
STI rear strutbrace
K&N typhoon short ram induction kit
Modified wing liner for better air flow
3 port boost solenoid
Air pump removed
Genuine HKS SSQV blow off valve
Throttle body coolant delete
Header tank insulators
Ported headers and up pipe
NGK ILFR7H spark plugs
Re-mapped by Bob Rawle at BRDevelepments
With racerom ECUtek including twin maps, launch control, autoblip and full throttle shift.
CC carbon Kevlar competition clutch kit
CC Lightweight 6.5kg steel billet flywheel

Engine build by Andy K at AKAutomotive

Power and torque- 393bhp 415ft/lbs

Other modifications

17” oz ultra legerras
Prodrive lowering springs
Whiteline rear droplinks
Whiteline poly anti roll bar bushes front and rear
Hydratek soft touch carbon air intake, alternator cover and fuse box cover
Alignment by Paul at CTW
Brembo calipers (painted red by TrevTek)
AK Automotive drilled and grooved with Kevlar pads
Prodrive mudflaps front and rear
Prodrive suspension
HTA front splitter
ZUNsport front lower grill
STI rear lower diffuser
STI rear spoiler
Hawkeye STI steering wheel
Hawkeye STI gearknob
Full Leather SL interior
STI S204 gear surround
JDM style black dash inserts and heater dials
JDM red hazard warning switch
Prodrive quick shift
Silvertech indicator bulbs front, side and rear
Crystal side repeaters
LED sidelight bulbs
LED rear number plate bulbs
Alloy battery clamp
Deano tint windows
STI genome 52mm boost gauge, controller and A pillar pod
Knocklink in place of clock display
Pioneer Appradio with Dashcommand
Kenwood front speakers
Kenwood rear speakers
Mobil 1 10w60 motorsport engine oil
Millers CRX 75w90 motorsport gearbox oil

As you can see the car has a massive spec its on 49k mot from may serviced with Andy kindon around 1000ish miles ago I still have the genuine high level spoiler too. It's not a for sale advert yet just want to get people opinions on what it realistically worth. Theres some pictures in the pictures thread under my username. Any help advice is much appreciated
cheers
chris
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

Advice on car  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice on car    Advice on car  EmptyTue 28 Jul - 17:25

the market is all over the shop at the minute fella. If you advertise it for what you paid for it I would imagine it would sell straight away!!
Back to top Go down
chrisw

Advice on car  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice on car    Advice on car  EmptyTue 28 Jul - 18:01

Yeah cheers looking on eBay a 50k mileage standard ones are up for 6.5k. I'd rather it be sold through here so the car is going to get looked after. Just working it out what I'm looking at I'll be saving £30 a week on fuel
Back to top Go down

Advice on car  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice on car    Advice on car  EmptyTue 28 Jul - 20:57

Chris

As already said by Maca and yourself, prices are all over the shop at the minute. Problem with selling on here is that exposure will be very limited, as the forum is pretty dead these days. What I would advise you to do is to get a really good advert written up using the specs above with plenty of pics and a detailed list of the service history and at what miles and then bang it on Scoobynet for £8000-8500 and see what happens. That car was pampered to bits and the only thing that is a negative for a potential buyer is that it still has the standard rods and the 5 speed box, so not fully forged and at the maximum limits of the gearbox. So any potential buyer would have to be happy with the power it has and the 5 speed.

Other than that it is a bullet proof engine build and a hell of a comfortable, powerful, very low mileage, daily driver for someone. It also is a gorgeous looking vehicle and we all know on here how much was invested in it.

What sort of price would you be happy with getting out of it. Whatever that number is then aim a bit higher as it can only come down from there and take a sensible offer on it. I am happy to help you write an ad for it. Just to show you the type of ad I am talking about here is the one I did when I sold my car and it sold in the first 24 hours it was listed to the first person to view.

http://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-444/997703-sold-2007-hawkeye-sti-fully-forged-a-k-a-the-terminator.html

Mario
Back to top Go down
chrisw

Advice on car  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice on car    Advice on car  EmptyTue 28 Jul - 22:34

Cheers for the advice Mario. Pretty much what I was looking to hear. Like from your advert I want to make sure the car gets sold to the right person not just to end up abused as since the day Jonny bought it it's been pampered since. I'm not going to rush and let it go just to put it up and wait for the right buyer to come along and if that doesn't happen I'll not be disappointed, just with wanting to sort a house in the next year focus needs to go on that plus the car isn't getting enjoyed as it should more just from A to B at the moment. But definetly be back in an Impreza when the time comes again.
Back to top Go down

Advice on car  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice on car    Advice on car  EmptyTue 28 Jul - 22:58

chrisw wrote:
Cheers for the advice Mario. Pretty much what I was looking to hear. Like from your advert I want to make sure the car gets sold to the right person not just to end up abused as since the day Jonny bought it it's been pampered since. I'm not going to rush and let it go just to put it up and wait for the right buyer to come along and if that doesn't happen I'll not be disappointed, just with wanting to sort a house in the next year focus needs to go  on that plus the car isn't getting enjoyed as it should more just from A to B at the moment. But definetly be back in an Impreza when the time comes again.

No problem mate - when you have a car like that you end up thinking of it like that - is this new person the righ owner for my car lol!!! I almost told the person who bought my car that I wasn't going to sell it in the end. It was such a hard thing to do. But you are just ayoung lad and it's nice to see you have your head screwed on and have got your priorities right. Get yourself sorted with a house first and there is plenty of time for Subarus later. Wish I was as sensible at 23....I was feckin' mental at your age and my only worry was living for the day I woke up to!

Good luck with whatever you do mate and if you need any help at all with the advert, etc then let me know. If you aren't a member of Scoobynet then I am happy to put it up for sale on there for you too as I am a full member.

Lucky!
Back to top Go down
chrisw

Advice on car  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice on car    Advice on car  EmptyThu 30 Jul - 18:23

Cheers Mario the helps much appreciated. I'm going to get things sorted over the next few days get some pictures sorted then hopefully sometime next week look to get it up.

cheers

chris
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Advice on car  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice on car    Advice on car  Empty

Back to top Go down

Advice on car
Page 1 of 1