North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
registration difficulties EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
registration difficulties EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
registration difficulties EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
registration difficulties EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
registration difficulties EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
registration difficulties EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
registration difficulties EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
registration difficulties EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
registration difficulties EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

registration difficulties

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tony@carkandy

Tony@carkandy

registration difficulties Empty
PostSubject: registration difficulties   registration difficulties EmptyThu 9 Jun - 8:04

Hi,

It has taken me several attempts to finally get registered on here as your registration process doesn't seem to like Windows 7. I have tried it on laptops running 32 and 64 bit OS and 32 and 64 bit IE8. I have managed to register using my BB instead.

When asked to confirm your password during registration the process just loops back to the beginning rather than moving to the account activated screen.

Just thought I'd let you know uf you weren't already aware
Back to top Go down
http://www.carkandy.co.uk
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: registration difficulties   registration difficulties EmptyFri 10 Jun - 16:33

I take it you logged in through www.nesf.co.uk ?

We have had a few issues with it, try logging in with nesf.forumotion.co.uk that will solve the problem.

Also your first post is looking like an advertisement, please read the forum rules as registering just to advertise is strictly forbidden, anyone found doing this WILL be banned and there posts removed, if you are a genuine Subaru enthusiast please announce yourself in the new members section.

Thanks

Jonny

Back to top Go down
Tony@carkandy

Tony@carkandy

PostSubject: Re: registration difficulties   registration difficulties EmptyFri 10 Jun - 17:23

Jonny Gav wrote:
I take it you logged in through www.nesf.co.uk ?

We have had a few issues with it, try logging in with nesf.forumotion.co.uk that will solve the problem.

Also your first post is looking like an advertisement, please read the forum rules as registering just to advertise is strictly forbidden, anyone found doing this WILL be banned and there posts removed, if you are a genuine Subaru enthusiast please announce yourself in the new members section.

Thanks

Jonny

Hi Jonny,

No, I haven't used www.nesf.co.uk, the issue is with the forumotion site.

I registered with nesf as it was recommended to me by a friend as being a friendly and welcoming site for a NE Scooby owner. My first post was in fact to inform you of an issue with your system. My second post was in direct response to a fellow member who requested info about NE companies offering snow foam. If I have been over helpful by supplying a pic and a linkto a company that I purchase from then feel free to delete the post and I will happily be less helpful in the future. It is a shame as I am far more used to forums where being helpful to people is actively promoted.

I will head over to Introductions next time I am on the site, which was my intention anyway before receiving your heavy handed comments.
Back to top Go down
http://www.carkandy.co.uk
Jonny Gav
Admin
Jonny Gav

PostSubject: Re: registration difficulties   registration difficulties EmptyFri 10 Jun - 18:19

Hello Mollymoo,

I am sorry you feel the response was heavy handed but you would be amazed by the amount of spammers/ advertisers that come on the forum mistaking friendliness for weakness.

Yes your friend is correct we are a friendly bunch, when you put your post up in the new members section you will see that straight away.

However, we also feel in order to keep the forum this way we need to jump straight on people trying to take advantage of it.

As you are obviously here as an enthusiast we have no problems letting you put posts up in the relevant sections about your business-

https://nesf.forumotion.co.uk/f19-offers-for-nesf-members

and

https://nesf.forumotion.co.uk/f8-your-business

The only things we ask are for your username to have @jucey detailing at the end of it, this way we can easily distinguish between a trader and a regular member, and of course you join in the discussions.

We however do not allow direct advertising within posts of other area's of the forum.

Hope this clears up any misunderstanding

Best regards,

Jonny Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: registration difficulties   registration difficulties Empty

Back to top Go down

registration difficulties
Page 1 of 1