North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
HYDROtek demo car - Page 2 EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
HYDROtek demo car - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
HYDROtek demo car - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
HYDROtek demo car - Page 2 EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
HYDROtek demo car - Page 2 EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
HYDROtek demo car - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
HYDROtek demo car - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
HYDROtek demo car - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
HYDROtek demo car - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

HYDROtek demo car

Go down 
+25
Jonny Gav
Tony@carkandy
anthmac
StickT
Steve71
winston
wjgv3
MattyNoz
kgt
Mikeblobsti
CARLOS
natski
Steviedoo
garyblake
Mikey
maxboost
atwrx
lian&johnsti
oggy
DAZ.STI
easby
keffer
discodaz
james
locky@HYDROtek
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

HYDROtek demo car - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HYDROtek demo car   HYDROtek demo car - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 May - 20:12

Hit for me Cool
Back to top Go down
easby

easby

PostSubject: Re: HYDROtek demo car   HYDROtek demo car - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 May - 22:08

Both look cool but for me would be the carbon fibre can beat it Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.arebags.co.uk
locky@HYDROtek

locky@HYDROtek

PostSubject: Re: HYDROtek demo car   HYDROtek demo car - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 May - 19:34

At last the new wheels touched down in the northeast.......time to put a few of my ideas together colour wise and dipped effects......also got a few other parts to fit but they will keep ;0)

For now my new shoes finished in a flat bronze

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
oggy

oggy

PostSubject: Re: HYDROtek demo car   HYDROtek demo car - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 May - 19:42

they are lovely wheels locky Very Happy
Back to top Go down
easby

easby

PostSubject: Re: HYDROtek demo car   HYDROtek demo car - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 May - 19:55

Very nice colour Smile
Back to top Go down
locky@HYDROtek

locky@HYDROtek

PostSubject: Re: HYDROtek demo car   HYDROtek demo car - Page 2 EmptyTue 28 May - 21:56

All gone abit quiet on the build and I've just been collecting more parts so it seems???? So thought I'd try 1 of the ideas today see if I can match the XXRs wheel colour then add a carbon effect to it......at first I was thinking the brembos could maybe suit this colour but it clashes and to much of the same thing.........so my options are go darker which I did a touch or go the other way and go loud!

First up the match in matte which doesn't look to bad.....maybe coat a few other parts in it?

Then once clear coated this is where it went down hill placed behind the wheel to get a rough idea

So back to a darker look which I might even go darker with...

Also placed this behind to get a rough idea of how it might look......am thinking darker and a loud brembo sticker could be that subtle but noticeable look...

Tbh at one point today I thought loud and skulls fook it.....but I cannot see it happening would like this carbon look to work ........any way looks like the car will be back with me by the end of the wk and will be a lot better getting the wheels on and putting the effects against the car ect to gauge off.......

Bare with me folks ......to be continued
Back to top Go down
lian&johnsti

lian&johnsti

PostSubject: Re: HYDROtek demo car   HYDROtek demo car - Page 2 EmptyTue 28 May - 22:09

i like the one in the second picture the best really matches the wheels Very Happy
lian
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HYDROtek demo car   HYDROtek demo car - Page 2 EmptyTue 28 May - 22:37

Are you wanting the brakes to jump out or blend in?

Think the same colours aren't going to get the 'leap out at you' attention.

If you're wanting to showcase your work I think you'd need something loud like you say to grab peoples attention.

What happened to your yellow and black idea than you fancied .. try the sample of that behind and see what you think with loud.

Back to top Go down
locky@HYDROtek

locky@HYDROtek

PostSubject: Re: HYDROtek demo car   HYDROtek demo car - Page 2 EmptyWed 29 May - 6:52

That's the thing Nicola I want my work on the outside very subtle but the styling attention grabbing lol I don't want it to be seen from space at the same time hahaha........black n yellow that's still to come Wink
Back to top Go down
atwrx

atwrx

PostSubject: Re: HYDROtek demo car   HYDROtek demo car - Page 2 EmptyWed 29 May - 7:31

I think you need to have your work stand proud, but I know what you mean, not too obvious so it looks like a mess.

I think the black and yellow would be a good shout.

Certainly the darker one at least with a bright Brembo sticker, at least it'll grab attention. You don't want people to just walk past it, which they probably will if they totally blend in.
Back to top Go down
locky@HYDROtek

locky@HYDROtek

PostSubject: Re: HYDROtek demo car   HYDROtek demo car - Page 2 EmptyWed 29 May - 7:57

Yeh but the norm is to have a stand out brembo so if they cannot see that isn't it reason to look harder Wink......but the total colour match am dead against and going to try and do it abit darker.......feed back is good guys cheers ;0)
Back to top Go down
locky@HYDROtek

locky@HYDROtek

PostSubject: Re: HYDROtek demo car   HYDROtek demo car - Page 2 EmptyWed 29 May - 19:54

Was expecting the car back this wk but it's been put back till next Sad so the wks running upto the NBO which am making a deadline are going to be busy a feel..........after chatting to Daren at ABW today he sent me a few pictures to feed my addiction.......is modding a illness? More of a way of life ;0)

It's pretty much there the car made the spray booth this wk ......panels fitted over the next few days and any final finishes.........the good news it will be loaded up Monday and back in the northeast on Tuesday ........happy days peeps :0)
Back to top Go down
maxboost

maxboost

PostSubject: Re: HYDROtek demo car   HYDROtek demo car - Page 2 EmptyWed 29 May - 19:59

Lookin very Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HYDROtek demo car   HYDROtek demo car - Page 2 EmptyWed 29 May - 20:04

I understand what you mean but if it doesn't grab people from the off, they'll not think it's worth having it done - if you know what I mean.

The problem also with the brake calipers is that the second they get brake dust on them, which they will the carbon look in a similar colour to the wheels is going to be lost.

My personal idea would be to grab their attention, showcasing what you can do and then if the customer wants to tone their own car down - that's what they'll ask for Wink
Back to top Go down
locky@HYDROtek

locky@HYDROtek

PostSubject: Re: HYDROtek demo car   HYDROtek demo car - Page 2 EmptyWed 29 May - 20:57

Mrs_Mid_Life_Crisis wrote:
I understand what you mean but if it doesn't grab people from the off, they'll not think it's worth having it done - if you know what I mean.

The problem also with the brake calipers is that the second they get brake dust on them, which they will the carbon look in a similar colour to the wheels is going to be lost.

My personal idea would be to grab their attention, showcasing what you can do and then if the customer wants to tone their own car down - that's what they'll ask for Wink

I hear you Nic but am that toned down customer lol the saying less is more keeps springing to mind..........the same colour to the wheels ain't happening but the darker look will work with the other parts I've got in mind......and that pattern am using cannot be finished in a candy or anything like that! I think with the loud engine bay on show there will be plenty for the eyes to see.....but the outside of the car am not after that.....the looks will do that I think! .....if plan A don't work plan B don't stand a chance lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HYDROtek demo car   HYDROtek demo car - Page 2 EmptyWed 29 May - 21:02

Car looks Cool
Back to top Go down
james

james

PostSubject: Re: HYDROtek demo car   HYDROtek demo car - Page 2 EmptyWed 29 May - 22:10

Very nice comeing on well lee can't wait to see it when it comes bk looks lk a top job
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HYDROtek demo car   HYDROtek demo car - Page 2 EmptyWed 29 May - 22:19

Yeah I know what you mean as it's your car and not just a show piece.

Shame you couldn't keep it separate like we were saying ages ago and using the other one as the 'show stopper' and keeping your scoob as 'yours' - then park the other one up somewhere where people can see it to show the different finishes you can do Smile

Back to top Go down
locky@HYDROtek

locky@HYDROtek

PostSubject: Re: HYDROtek demo car   HYDROtek demo car - Page 2 EmptyWed 5 Jun - 20:11

Took delivery of the car tonight and wot can I say but WOW.......the finish the lines the kit fit is awesome I couldn't fault it......the guys at ABW certainly know a thing or two about body work that's for sure......it's going to be a interesting few wks watching it all come together after wks....months even years of thought and planning in some areas........mission hydrotek is next but for now a few pictures of how she is looking ....

It's safe to say its needing these 18 9.75 wheels fitted which will finish it off nicely Wink

Stay tuned......
Back to top Go down
keffer

keffer

PostSubject: Re: HYDROtek demo car   HYDROtek demo car - Page 2 EmptyWed 5 Jun - 20:15

very nice buddy Cool
Back to top Go down
oggy

oggy

PostSubject: Re: HYDROtek demo car   HYDROtek demo car - Page 2 EmptyWed 5 Jun - 20:15

they look spot on them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mikey

Mikey

PostSubject: Re: HYDROtek demo car   HYDROtek demo car - Page 2 EmptyWed 5 Jun - 20:17

Looks superb Smile
Back to top Go down
DAZ.STI

DAZ.STI

PostSubject: Re: HYDROtek demo car   HYDROtek demo car - Page 2 EmptyWed 5 Jun - 20:22

Class lee, gonna be a stunna, you n Marrietto up front affraid
Back to top Go down
easby

easby

PostSubject: Re: HYDROtek demo car   HYDROtek demo car - Page 2 EmptyWed 5 Jun - 20:32

Awesome, paint looks class.
Back to top Go down
garyblake

garyblake

PostSubject: Re: HYDROtek demo car   HYDROtek demo car - Page 2 EmptyWed 5 Jun - 20:32

Very nice and wide :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HYDROtek demo car   HYDROtek demo car - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

HYDROtek demo car
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next