North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 4 EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 4 EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 4 EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 4 EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 4 EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 4 EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 4 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 4 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 4 EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

My JDM Hawkeye STI

Go down 
+17
stevejones
Aaron_p85
StickT
keffer
lian&johnsti
Paulprm
garyblake
winston
atwrx
kgt
carl08
baldy
andybish
discodaz
Captainfunbags
Trev85
scoobaru
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
discodaz

discodaz

My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 4 EmptySun 25 Jan - 0:10

Marietto wrote:
Aaron_p85 wrote:
I'm sure, reading between the lines that you just offered to do it for me haha

ROFL ROFL ROFL  I think I probably did...but that's just the kind of guy I am lol!

Nicks face when I said Pass the hammer!!! ROFL
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/darrenjayphotography
Aaron_p85

Aaron_p85

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 4 EmptySun 8 Feb - 19:27

Not alot to update really, got the rear diffuser fitted and looks awesome - I've since sorted the lining up issue on the right hand side
My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 4 Img_9214

Had a full service ready for my remap on Saturday.

Booked in at Revolutions 9AM tomorrow for alignment, been searching scoobynet (HERE) for decent geo setups for fast road - any recommendations? I AM concerned about tyre wear lol

I'd prefer to ask them to do XYZ other than them hand me a sheet of paper with all green sections...would a uk STI setup be bad for me?
Back to top Go down
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 4 EmptySun 8 Feb - 19:43

prodrive do a canny setup im led to have read somewhere.

that's a nice Arse you have aaron. Why is the bloke holding an acetylene torch under your motor?
Back to top Go down
Aaron_p85

Aaron_p85

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 4 EmptySun 8 Feb - 19:45

looking for a fuel leak fella, nah needed a nut cracked off that I couldn't do at home haha
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 4 EmptySun 8 Feb - 22:22

Prodrive settings are normally ok and sensible if tyre wear is an issue for you,
Back to top Go down
Aaron_p85

Aaron_p85

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 4 EmptyFri 13 Feb - 17:25

Andy F is the fooking MAN!!!!!!

Left 6am this morning (South Shields) to grab a McDonalds at Berwick before the boarder - plan was to let the car cool down and change the AICV supplied by Matty at BR Developments but Andy was there and said he'd look at the whole car through the map and see what's what.... installed his profile and straight away seen the problem - must have been plugged in literally less than 30 seconds, few buttons pressed and boom...perfect idle restored!!! over the chuffing moon the car has abit burble back too now which it lost when idling at 1k!!!
Anyway - I explained what i'd like from the map, but further mentioned that he knew what he was doing and just let him rip on it..... I did however tell him I don't "use" anti-lag the way it should be and PURELY for acoustic laughs "I'll sort that, no problem".. and left him to it, returned 2 hours later and he'd just finished with it - the previous map was appauling the car I stepped back into wasn't mine.... it was somebody elses I'm sure - drives like it SHOULD now....honestly can't get across how different it is... he's also picked it up to 1.7bar and gave it some more mid range grunt...by has he fooking ever!!!!!!

all in - that will be the best £380 + Fuel I have ever spent on that car.... I used exactly HALF the fuel getting home than I did getting there.... says alot that!!

He explained the engine looks/feels and sounds very healthy and doesn't forsee anything bad happening anytime shortly!!

of course.... the obligatory Anti Lag tunnel run...Andy F style haha
I did ask about using it like this and he said my turbo should be fine with it being a billet jobbie.

Back to top Go down
stevejones

stevejones

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 4 EmptyFri 13 Feb - 17:47

lol! lol! class, had mine mapped of andy f and love it, dont know how he got so much out of my little 16g,
Back to top Go down
Marshffs

Marshffs

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 4 EmptyFri 13 Feb - 18:17

Class Aaron, did he give you any figures?
Back to top Go down
Aaron_p85

Aaron_p85

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 4 EmptySat 14 Feb - 20:18

Got a £500 bet with my mate that I can get round teeside aerodrome in mine quicker than he can get round in his v6 jdm sti with upgrades.. I need some 17s... What do I need to clear the brakes?
Back to top Go down
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 4 EmptySat 14 Feb - 20:26

1.7 bar is it forged
Back to top Go down
Aaron_p85

Aaron_p85

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 4 EmptySat 14 Feb - 20:27

It's JDM, forged as standard baby
Back to top Go down
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 4 EmptySun 15 Feb - 8:30

Nice !!
Back to top Go down
NickSTi

NickSTi

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 4 EmptySun 15 Feb - 18:21

Aaron_p85 wrote:
Got a £500 bet with my mate that I can get round teeside aerodrome in mine quicker than he can get round in his v6 jdm sti with upgrades.. I need some 17s... What do I need to clear the brakes?

You need my standard sti wheels if yours is 114.3pcd
Back to top Go down
Aaron_p85

Aaron_p85

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 4 EmptyThu 5 Mar - 18:27

Well the day finally arrived, took the car to AK Automotive/Sideways Dan, he spent nearly 1.5hours going over my geo setup, he literally done everything - top mounts included.

The car has soooo much more grip, the tyres must have been spinning previously because the car pulls like a train once again! He's had to put aggressive camber on to get the rears to clear the arches! Anybody that has been there before will know the route back to the A1 is EXCELLENT testing grounds for the new setup... WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Very Happy massive smile on my face and no more scrubbing Very Happy
My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 4 Img_9710
My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 4 Img_9711
Here's mine with a friends self imported Type R that will be for sale in the summer...
My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 4 Fullsi12
I'll now be at the Revolution meet on Saturday for a bit with my son before going to the Metrocentre for Mothers Day crap Evil or Very Mad
...Anybody going? I'll literally know nobody there haha

So back to the car...get the wheels refurbed and sort some arches!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 4 EmptyThu 5 Mar - 22:57

Dan is the man - He's definitely worth the wait. I'll be at Revolution on Saturday mate with a few of the lads so we'll see you there Lucky!
Back to top Go down
Aaron_p85

Aaron_p85

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 4 EmptyWed 11 Mar - 13:50

Tiny update, but a VERY worth while one...I was fed up of the standard Subaru waindscreen washers being piss poor, the motor was fine so set about looking for 'mist' type jets... I was going to buy Ford Fiesta ones, then Honda Jazz (going by Youtube adverts) but then, realised whatever the aim was set at for their bonnets - would be of little or no use to me so had a look on ebay and came across THESE and thought I'd give them a whirl...They've just came today and boy was a shocked at the size of the fookers..
My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 4 Img_9712
But once I seen them in action I didn't care, they're hidden mostly by the scoop anyway... heres a before and after..
BEFORE

AFTER

The clanging in the background is the binmen affraid
Back to top Go down
StickT

StickT

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 4 EmptyWed 11 Mar - 21:43

Way better, i prefer mist type jets as opposed to shan sprays... Punto mk2b jets are small andvery thin
Back to top Go down
Aaron_p85

Aaron_p85

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 4 EmptyMon 6 Apr - 7:30

Went to teeside autodrome yesterday, what a day to have my first track day! Morning was cold, dry & empty - then the afternoon came with shit ton more cars and loads of sun!!! Got a few videos off my dash and phone, admittedly not the best, but it was my first time....
Www.youtube.com/user/geordieaaron/videos
Back to top Go down
kgt
Admin
kgt

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 4 EmptyMon 6 Apr - 8:07

[quote="Aaron_p85"]Tiny update, but a VERY worth while one...I was fed up of the standard Subaru waindscreen washers being piss poor, the motor was fine so set about looking for 'mist' type jets... I was going to buy Ford Fiesta ones, then Honda Jazz (going by Youtube adverts) but then, realised whatever the aim was set at for their bonnets - would be of little or no use to me so had a look on ebay and came across THESE and thought I'd give them a whirl...They've just came today and boy was a shocked at the size of the fookers..
My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 4 Img_9712
But once I seen them in action I didn't care, they're hidden mostly by the scoop anyway... heres a before and after..

Just for reference the Citroen C4 ones were a straight drop in for the ones on the Blob and a hundred times better than OEM and about £6 from memory at the dealer.

Back to top Go down
discodaz

discodaz

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 4 EmptyMon 6 Apr - 9:09

I have the volvo ones (I think) on mine they spray a fan across the window 100tines better
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 4 EmptyMon 6 Apr - 10:41

Any recommendations for a classic? direct fit? and while you's are on any highly recommended wiper blades? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
discodaz

discodaz

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 4 EmptyMon 6 Apr - 10:43

They should all go in,Bosch aero are good blades
Back to top Go down
maca

maca

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 4 EmptyMon 6 Apr - 10:52

discodaz wrote:
They should all go in,Bosch aero are good blades

Lucky!
Back to top Go down
Aaron_p85

Aaron_p85

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 4 EmptyMon 6 Apr - 19:28

Got a few more videos uploaded, not the best, videos or driving haha but it was my first and the car ran perfectly....apart from running out of Kevlar front pads haha

Back to top Go down
Aaron_p85

Aaron_p85

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 4 EmptySun 17 May - 21:13

Well... where to start... I think I'll let my video's do the talking...my mates reaction is a beauty haha His Type R spat a big end ast month at Teeside Autodrome

then

so yeah... seen a few of you guys at the shootout... sorry I can't remember names... 1. I was ill with manflu and 2. my car had just shat itself and was holding back the tears haha

Few other videos with picture in picture (what a ballache to edit!)

and of course... JGM's car...

was an awesome day though, considering... some unreal motors out there!! I loved the fact they forgot their DB reader when scrutineernig all the cars...I was third in line that didn't get tested Very Happy

As for the engine, going to get it booked in with Andy Kindon to diagnose/repair.... scratch

Last edited by Aaron_p85 on Thu 4 Jun - 11:42; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My JDM Hawkeye STI   My JDM Hawkeye STI - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

My JDM Hawkeye STI
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next