North East Subaru Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NESF- the award winning and largest club stand for the 3rd year running @ NBO- well done everyone that attended.
Latest topics
» My classic
Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now - Page 2 EmptySat 11 Jan - 11:21 by keffer

» R.I.P Gipa
Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Dec - 18:34 by maca

» Blobeye wrx
Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Apr - 22:21 by Mat1985

» Forum has gone down hill
Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now - Page 2 EmptySat 25 Mar - 8:12 by wrx/uk/ppp

» I'm back...
Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now - Page 2 EmptyTue 31 Jan - 21:44 by ConnorJ

» How many people are currently coming on here?
Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Jan - 15:04 by phil555

» Best place for mot
Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:30 by maca

» another new/old member
Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan - 15:23 by maca

» Pink injectors
Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Oct - 23:01 by EJ22 GAV

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
BBC News

Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now

Go down 
+3
byers
maca
Mikeblobsti
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
andyden71

andyden71

Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now   Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now - Page 2 EmptySat 25 Jan - 23:58

It state not for road use mate hahahahaha but it's not on the road it's on your car above the road lol
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now   Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now - Page 2 EmptySun 26 Jan - 0:20

Plugs, fuel pump, and induction kit had to be fitted next

Don't think I took any pics of fitting the fuel pump but easy enough job to do, remove carpet from boot, remove access cover, remove fuel pump from tank....being carful not to bend anything! Swap the pump over for the new one and put it all back together again.....simples Razz

Plugs next....usually a easy job on an engine, on a Subaru they are pain in the arse, drivers side the airbox/or intake filter needs to be removed, passenger side the battery and the screen wash bottle needs to be removed to gain access....even then it's still a pain the arse as you need just the right length extension bar to get in....not too long and not too short lol

Coil packs removed along with everything else!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Induction kit next, not too bad as I already had the old airbox removed to change plugs. Went for a k&n typhoon kit, I've always used K&n filters and liked how this kit has a red intake pipe and also a heat shield box for the filter to sit in, gets as much cool air as possible in the standard position. nice bit of kit it is too and sounds great Cool

Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now   Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now - Page 2 EmptySun 26 Jan - 0:24

andyden71 wrote:
It state not for road use mate hahahahaha but it's not on the road it's on your car above the road lol

Hahaha exactly mate Cool I know they have to put these things on but it's abit pointless really lol
Back to top Go down
andyden71

andyden71

PostSubject: Re: Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now   Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now - Page 2 EmptySun 26 Jan - 0:32

Mikeblobsti wrote:
andyden71 wrote:

Hahaha exactly mate 8)I know they have to put these things on but it's abit pointless really lol
To true
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now   Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now - Page 2 EmptySun 26 Jan - 0:48

Mapping day next, this was all done before I had joined nesf so didn't know Andy Forrest made trips down these parts.  I drove all the way to his workshop in East Lothian.....going that far and not going into the turbo was torture but it was worth it tho and great to see his cars being worked on in his workshop.  Andy is a great guy and was at the time considered to be one of the top 3 mappers for subaru's in the country.
Mapping was done using ECUTEK, mapped on the road in various gears and various speeds between 3000rpm and 6000rpm, had a great laugh doing it and felt great after Cool made 347 hp with 1.5 bar boost and it's still the same setup now....soon to change tho!  During the remap he sorted out alternator signal problem just by putting software patch in the ECU, only took 5mins Cool

Andy hard at work plugging things in
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now   Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now - Page 2 EmptySun 26 Jan - 10:24

Car stayed this way for a few months and spent some time enjoying it, went to various meets with SIDC and mates.....most memorable one was a big meet a the Falkirk wheel for the day Cool

With mates cars the next day somewhere in Scotland lol!

Helping to put 555 decal kit onto a mates RA
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now   Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now - Page 2 EmptySun 26 Jan - 10:59

Forge dump vale had been fitted prior to the remap too to replace the original.....forgot about that Razz

Back to top Go down
mark78

mark78

PostSubject: Re: Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now   Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now - Page 2 EmptySun 26 Jan - 11:27

looking nice bud
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/mark.hepper
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now   Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now - Page 2 EmptySun 26 Jan - 11:53

mark78 wrote:
looking nice bud

Getting there mate lol, hope the thread isn't boring everyone yet Razz
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now   Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now - Page 2 EmptySun 26 Jan - 22:53

Wanted some gauges next to keep an eye on things, managed to find and get very rare defi sti genome complete set - boost, oil pressure, oil temp, controller, all wiring and all sensors, gauges even came in a very rare zerosports gauge pod that retains clock Cool wouldn't have one of these cars without these gauges now! Took a few hours to put it all in, hardest part was getting the wires through the bulkhead and keeping it neat, all worked first time tho....going to reposition the controller into the glove box when I get chance.

Back to top Go down
SG03RRZ

SG03RRZ

PostSubject: Re: Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now   Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Jan - 1:27

Good thread bud
Back to top Go down
SG03RRZ

SG03RRZ

PostSubject: Re: Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now   Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Jan - 1:28

Dont forget about the day we gatecrashed the show and shine comp at the nissan show
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now   Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Jan - 7:49

Hahaha will get to that mate.....need to find the pics Razz
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now   Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Jan - 20:21

Went alog to BDC at Nissan plant in September 2011....may have accidentally parked on the nesf stand before becoming a member, didn't even know nesf existed then Sad you may see some familiar cars, I certainly recognise a few now Razz

Back to top Go down
byers

byers

PostSubject: Re: Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now   Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Jan - 20:43

Jesus my car ditched !!
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now   Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Jan - 22:34

Sure was mate, wasn't this also the day gipa had the photo shoot for total impreza mag?
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now   Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Jan - 23:03

Ok so maybe got abit carried away and turned the project into a small story lol! .......anyway at this point I had the car for about 7 months and had spent a small fortune on it with Andy Forrest remap inc parts to do this, coilovers, gauges, lots of v-power, and various other small things. Winter was on the way and didn't want to keep the PFF7's for it incase they got damaged.....by playing in the snow!
Flea bay again turned up a set of standard 17" sti wheels I had them painted in gold and put 4 new tyres on and they stayed on the car for about 3 months.

Wheels soon went back on eBay.....didn't like them in the end!
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now   Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Jan - 23:21

Next was to get the PFF7's back on and had 4 new toyo proxy T1R tyres fitted, at this time I got the rear windows tinted at a place recommended by someone.....I hate to say this now but my car has very briefly been in the hands of eclipse performance - BUT ONLY for the window tints! Never went back there again as they didn't seem to have a clue about Subaru's.....and I later found out my judgment was correct, tints were ok tho!
Didn't ask them to but they put an eclipse performance sticker on the rear window  Evil or Very Mad 

PFF7's back on with toyo proxy T1R's

Tinted sunstrio to replace the sti decal one I had fitted

Window tints by eclipse Sad
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now   Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Jan - 23:45

Some prodrive mudflaps next.....these were very hard to get hold of at the time and prodrive had even stopped making them then, managed to get a set direct from prodrive tho! They come with a full stainless fitting kit and love how they look....but not the cheapest, turbo Dave ended up with my old sti ones and think he still has them fitted.  Also had been told of a rolling road day at motoscope where there would probably be some subaru's running by my mate john, at the time he had a black hawk sti running 480ish on the rollers, some of you may remember because as it turned out we gate crashed yet another nesf event!  After this I did eventually join nesf tho  cheers cheers cheers

Prodrive flaps

Johns hawk sti fully forged, now sold!

Gate crashing yet another nesf event at motoscope!

Mine did ok on the rollers, bit down on power from Andy Forrest's graph but everything was running exactly as it should, was very loud with that nur spec Cool Cool

Video - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
SG03RRZ

SG03RRZ

PostSubject: Re: Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now   Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now - Page 2 EmptyTue 28 Jan - 3:06

Yeah there still fitted although front ones are a lil shorter nowadays
Back to top Go down
Mikeblobsti

Mikeblobsti

PostSubject: Re: Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now   Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now - Page 2 EmptyWed 29 Jan - 19:19

Update: car had almost hit 50,000 miles so it was time for timing belt to be changed, didn't know many local respected places that could do it then so I took it down to Scoobyclinic to get done, it got a full service while I was there, all done in 1 day Cool could spend lots of cash at Scoobyclinic tho lol!

I also fitted a HKS turbo timer but can't find any pics at the moment will update this later

NBO 10 was next....what a day that was Cool Cool Cool

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now   Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mikeblobsti's project, April 2011 till now
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2